Monday, August 13, 2012

How many jumping jacks?

I'm a touch disappointed in my weight loss last week.  Here's what I did:

8/6:  1 hour bootcamp, 1 hour elliptical, ate 894 calories
8/7:  1 hour spinning, ate 1006 calories
8/8:  1 hour bootcamp, 1 hour elliptical, ate 829 calories
8/9:  1 hour elliptical, ate 875 calories
8/10:  1 hour bootcamp, 1 hour elliptical, ate 360 calories (I wasn't feeling well at all due to start of TOM, and I spent most of the day in bed worrying about vomiting)
8/11:  1 hour elliptical, ate 1693 calories
8/12:  1 hour elliptical, ate 1157 calories

So I ate 6814 calories and worked out for 10 hours.  According to my math, that should have resulted in a weight loss of about 3 pounds.  Instead, I got 1.5. 

This is frustrating.  On the one hand, I'm happy for a loss.  But on the other hand, I busted my ass this week and my weight loss slowed down.  Should I be eating more (I'm not sure how I can eat more, since I feel like I'm eating all of the time as it is)?  Should I try calorie cycling?  Do any of you calorie cycle?

Or should I chalk it up as a slow week and move on (I did lose 5.5 pounds last week, but with much less effort)?

Also, one of the women in my bootcamp is driving me crazy.  She always has a million questions, and she never listens.  Every morning, we do the same warm up.  Every.  Morning.  And yet this morning, after the instructor said, "10 jumping jacks," like she ALWAYS does, crazyface asked, "How many jumping jacks?"  What I wanted to say was, "10.  It's always 10.  Every damn day, it's 10.  But in your case, 42." 

I am not at my nicest when exercising at 5am.

6 comments:

  1. Hahaha! Gripers can be a bit annoying. I would probably have already said that to her by now and made my dislike of her questioning attitude known. :)

    Hey - are you drinking your water? A simple thing as not drinking all your water during the day can make you not lose the weight you are expecting to lose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not even that she's griping (I think I could handle the griping a little better) - she just doesn't pay attention and then doesn't think before she asks questions! So. Annoying.

      I'm totally drinking all of my water, plus some! Especially on days where I double the exercise, I'm often getting 120+ ounces. Good watch out, though.

      Delete
  2. I have no clue what calorie cycling is nor am I counting my calories but I'm being 'careful' in my brain what I am consuming. I was going to ask how much water are you guzzling down??? I am drinking water like it's nobody's business. I would chalk it up to a slow week and move on :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I barely can function to pee at 5AM let alone doing jumping jacks and push ups! I'd be giving the no-brainer chick the stink eye next time around!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a dummy. I would be frustrated, too. Get closer to the instructor if you can't hear! :/

    The scale is a fickle bitch. I have no words of advice except that 1.5 is pretty dang good, especially following a 5.5 lbs loss last week!

    ReplyDelete