Monday, September 17, 2012

Checking In: Monday Weigh-In Edition

You guys...  WTF is going on?

Friday:
-  Vitamins and calcium:  Check
-  Water:  126oz.
-  Protein:  70 grams.
-  Calories:  1,090 calories.
-  Exercise:  I ran/walked outside in the drizzling rain.  I did 3.66 miles total, 2.25 miles running. 

Saturday:
-  Vitamins and calcium:  Check
-  Water:  108oz.
-  Protein:  92 grams.
-  Calories:  1,006 calories.
-  Exercise:  I did the 9:30am Body Pump class (after being awakened by the marching band outside of my window at 7:30am, no joke) and followed that with the 10:45am Zumba class. 

Sunday:
-  Vitamins and calcium:  Check
-  Water:  108oz.
-  Protein:  104 grams.
-  Calories:  1,160 calories.
-  Exercise: I ran/walked outside in the drizzling rain (it rained all weekend and the weather was nice and cool).  I did 4.56 miles total, 2.5 miles running.

Today?  I'm down ONE POUND from last week. 

I'm really disappointed.  I exercised for almost 10 hours last week - I ran 13.1 miles!  I ate 7,539 calories and 584 grams of protein - this is the first time since getting my band that I've actually felt like I was seriously dieting.  I drank 794 ounces of water and I took my vitamins and calcium every day. 

What am I doing wrong???

6 comments:

  1. I dont think you are doing anything wrong. If you are doing weights you are likely adding some muscle and intensive exercise can cause you retain water and calcium supplements can constipate you --- when was the last time you pooped ( you dont have to answer that ). These are all factors to consider -- it may take your body a minute to realize what is going on and respond appropriately. Just my $.02 based on my experience. If you keep this level up you will see a change it just make take a little longer than you want. Good job on a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You aren't doing anything wrong. You lost a pound. Congrats!!

    Sometimes our body just isn't ready to let it go. I had a 3 week stall when I was eating right, working out tons, and lost nothing. It is frustrating... but keep doing what you are doing. Your body will respond. Nice job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not seeing the issue, ladybug. You lost a pound. We're only promised 1-2 lbs a week after the initial post-surgery drop. Maybe try keeping track of your sodium... sometimes when I am not losing as well as I would like, I'm eating too much sodium.

    Dieting is a very real part of this. It's 75% diet/25% exercise. And that's being kind in the exercise department. (More like 10%, truthfully.)

    Also, maybe what AJ said. Or maybe it's just almost that TOM. I dunno. Could be any number of things, sadly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doing great! At one point I had to stop drinking so much water (I was drinking about 120 oz at the time). My doctor told me to cut back just a bit (I cut back to about 80-90 oz) and I did see a small difference. I also agree with AJ...with all that working out you are bound to be gaining some muscle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are crushing it! a loss is a loss - keep pushing - next wee will be a big loss!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I quit keeping track of everything and I just do my best on a daily basis and now I'm losing like crazy. Perhaps you should not be so anal on record keeping???? (Sorry, couldn't think of a better word than anal!!!) ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete