1. I've been absent for a while, though I've been reading blogs daily. I just haven't felt much like posting lately, because most of my days are pretty similar, when you look at them - wake up, shower, dress, go to work, go home, change, gym, shower, dinner, bed. I don't really mind the routine, honestly, but it doesn't make for interesting posts.
2. My Dream Job called me back for a second phone interview, which I had on Wednesday morning. At the end of the interview, the interviewer told me that I was one of the first that they're interviewing (there are three open positions), so I shouldn't expect to hear anything for two weeks. But then the next afternoon, HR from the company called me, told me that my interviewer really enjoyed talking to me and invited me out to the final round interview next Thursday. Squee! So I'll be flying out there some time on Wednesday. I'm really, really hoping that this goes well, because I'd give my left arm for this job...
3. I am trying not to get my hopes up and/or count my chickens before they're hatched, but I've been looking at neighborhoods in the new city where Dream Job is located (1,200 miles away from here) and getting really excited. Oh, I miss being on Eastern time...
4. I have to buy a suit. The only suit that I have, a grey Calvin Klein pantsuit, is a size 20. I'm currently in size 14. So my suit looks ridic. Sad panda! I'm a little irritated that I'm going to have to buy a suit that I may only wear once. But it's all in the name of getting out of the hellhole that is my current job, so I shouldn't complain too much. That said, I welcome all recommendations for where to get a relatively affordable (read: cheap) but fashionable (read: not schlumpy) size 14 suit.
5. I had my fifth fill yesterday, putting me at 8.8ccs in my band (I finally asked). I really, really hate getting fills - not the fill itself, mind, but the other patients waiting with me. I just want to shake them all.
6. I have been taking a step aerobics class for the last two weeks, and I am in major love it with. I sweat like a beast and it keeps me entertained the entire time - I don't even look at the clock while I'm doing it. I just wish that my gym offered it more than once a week.
7. My wife is going out of town this weekend to help her sister pick out a wedding dress. I am thinking about doing some light remodeling on the kitchen while she's gone - painting the cabinets, changing their hardware (and filling in the cutout design with wood filler), painting the walls and removing some of the Holly Hobby-ish wooden trim, changing out a light fixture. And maybe doing some vinyl tile over our horrible, sun-stained floor. I wonder how much I can get done in four days on a limited budget...
8. I am wearing leggings (under a dress, because I am a firm believer that leggings are not and should never be treated as pants) with boots today. Screw the fact that it's 86 degrees outside today. It's October 4th, dammit, I want to dress like fall!
9. I am 12 pounds away from being overweight on the BMI scale. I know that the merits of that chart are debatable, but man, how good will it feel to once, just once, step onto my Wii Fit and have it say, "That's overweight!" rather than "That's obese!"? I've lost 14 points from my BMI so far.
10. I am so jealous of those of you who lose shoe sizes. I am still firmly in a size 11. I hate being tall.