Friday, June 22, 2012

Second Fill Scheduling

At my last fill appointment, on 6/4, it was kind of a comedy of errors when it came time to schedule my next fill (my doctor requires 3 weeks between fills):

Scheduler (S):  What about the week of 6/25?
Me (M):  I'm going to be out of town that week.  What about the week of 7/2?
S:  All of our doctors are going to be out at a conference that week.  What about the week of 7/9?
M:  I'm going to be out of town that week.  *sigh*  I guess it will have to be the week of 7/16. 
S:  Okay, 7/16.  I'm going to put you on the waiting list for the week of 6/25, just in case.

Cue me being kind of apprehensive, because I've been getting pretty hungry between meals lately (at about the 3 hour mark).  But, I was resigned to having to wait 6 weeks for my fill (by the way, I don't know how those of you who have to wait 6 weeks after surgery for your first fill manage it!  I was so hungry two weeks after my surgery that I could have eaten a horse and a hippo.).  Until yesterday:

S:  Hi, I have you on the list for a cancellation.  We've got an opening Saturday morning at 9:30...
M:  SOLD!  Also, I love you.

So tomorrow morning at 9:30 sharp, I will be at the doctor's office.  I will follow that with a stop at the movies to see Seeking a Friend for the End of the World.  And then I will spend the afternoon floating in the pool. 

Weekend, thank god you're only 6 hours away...

2 comments:

  1. Let me know your two cents on the movie... And enjoy your pool time. I used to live in College Station ... early 1990s... not as an Aggie though. I would go to the college pool almost daily... so I'm jealous of your pool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked the movie. I hear it didn't do so well, but I thought it was smart and funny while also quite sad.

      Delete