Friday, June 8, 2012

BYOC!

It's finally Friday!  *whew*

1.  Do you know your credit score?  Do you check it regularly?  Does it matter to you?
 
I do not currently know my credit score.  I bought my first house last August, though, and at that point in time I did know my score.  I should probably check it now, since I recently paid off an asston of credit card debt.  As an aside, my wife and I split the down payment on our house, but the mortgage is in my name, as her credit score is very low and, since we're a same-sex couple living in Texas, we couldn't add her to the paperwork during the closing.  We'd have to pay a fee and fill out more paperwork in order to get her added after the fact.  We haven't gotten around to it yet.  I have this fear that I'll die suddenly and, since I also don't have a will, my parents will own everything and kick her out.  Oh, the joys of having no marital rights. 

2.  What’s your go to “water-cooler-off-er” each summer?  Small kiddie pool, “real” pool, sprinkler, public pool, hotel pool, or stay inside in the air and never don a bathing suit ever?

We moved to Texas from several states away due to a job transfer (my job).  The stipulation when we moved was that we would 1) buy a house (our mortgage is actually less than we were paying in rent before we moved) 2) close to my job (I now commute 10 minutes, instead of 90) and 3) with a pool.  By god, we have a pool.  And I love it.  It's my favorite thing about living in Texas.  

3.  Describe your phone cover…  if you have one.

How about a picture?
4.  If you ever had a wedding, what were your colors or theme?  If you aren’t married – but plan to be some day – what will your colors or theme be?

We were married last September in Washington, D.C. (where it's legal).  The theme was "humid."  It was a gross, rainy, hot weekend.  We had a small group of friends (literally like 12 people), so no attendants or anything like that.  We had BBQ catered and a lot of wine.  No, really, a lot of wine.  We didn't even wear anything formal - I wore a jersey dress with flip flops, and she wore a blue satin number, also with flip flops.  My vows included the word "boobs."  I guess if I had to pick a theme, it was mason jars.  I designed our save-the-dates, invites and RSVP cards, which we printed ourselves on the cheap, each of which had mason jars on them.  During the ceremony, we put mason jars everywhere, and we made dough hearts, painted them a shiny blue and tied them to the jars with jute.  Then we filled the jars with candles or flowers or candy.  Each guest took home a jar at the end of the weekend, and we ended up leaving close to 30 jars in the townhouse we rented (you're welcome, owner!).  We took two of the jars home with us and put our handwritten vows in them.  They sit on the top shelf of our bookcase. 
 
5.  Repeat question:  Summarize your week.

It's been a frustrating week on the weight loss front.  I don't know if it's the reintroduction of exercise or if I'm eating the wrong number of calories or what, but my weight varies *wildly* from one day to the next.  This morning, for example, I'm up 3.5lbs from yesterday morning.  What did I do in that time period?  I ate 1,200 calories (83 grams of protein), drank 100 oz of water, peed a million times and went to Zumba.  I know that I should probably only be looking at the scale once a week, but I NEED the affirmation or condemnation of those numbers right now to keep me on track.  

That said, I am starting to overcome some of my issues with exercising in public.  I've been to three Zumba classes and three boot camps, and it gets a little bit better every time.  I'm thinking about trying a WaterFit class tomorrow, since I love being in the pool, but I have some concerns about what to wear in the pool.  Wearing only a swimsuit is not an option, but will I look ridiculous if I wear a shirt over it?

3 comments:

  1. I have to make a will too but it seems so depressing. Still you have a very valid and necessary reason for doing one.

    Amy W. (from land of cheese and sunkist) has a theory about exercise and water retention to do with doms which could fit with the starting to exercise again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to get a will together, for sure. I should have had advanced directives put together before my surgery, even. I'm just such a slacker when it comes to that kind of thing. Mostly because I don't even want to have the conversation.

      Thanks for the tip about DOMS. I remember reading about that on Amy W.'s blog, but I hadn't really thought about it since!

      Delete
  2. I love water aerobics and each time I have gone, I've worn a t-shirt over my suit.

    ReplyDelete