1. I had a *huge* NSV at the gym yesterday - I did 60 minutes on the elliptical. 60 minutes! The first time I tried the elliptical, I could only do 2-1/2 minutes, so 60 is huge for me. In a sick way, I'm looking forward to trying it again today.
2. The person who keeps the gallon of whole milk (yuck) in the fridge at work needs to settle down and stop pushing my 32 oz. container of grape imitation Crystal Light to the back of the fridge. There's room enough for both of us, gross dairy product drinker.
3. I kind of want to join the gym at work so that I can go in the middle of the day when work is slow and I have some free time. But I get so sweaty that if I did, I'd have to shower afterward. I'm not sure how I feel about that level of time investment - I already shower twice a day (and my skin is feeling it - it's so dry!), do I really need to add a third?
4. I finally came out to a co-worker about my band. I haven't told anyone at work (or anyone else, except the wife), but I really like her and I always figured that if she ever asked me, I'd tell her. She's a large lady, too, and I figured I'd be happy to share with her if it could maybe help her, too. She asked me how I was losing so much weight, and I told her on the spot. She said she's going to call the insurance company this week to try to get the ball rolling on getting her own band! I hope everything works out for her.
5. In last week's Ten Things, I complained that I didn't get to go to Vegas for the 4th. Then on Monday, I found out that in August I have to travel to meet with some customers... in Vegas. Holla! I'm going to extend the trip a few days and bring the wife. Vegas!
6. I am thinking about revising my goal weight from 173 to 160. In fairness, they both seem so far away as to be unimaginable, so I may need to give this one some more time and thought. My surgeon didn't discuss a goal weight with me - he just said, "under 200."
7. Do any of you use a reliable method for tracking calories burned from exercise? I don't always believe the numbers on the gym equipment, and what's in MFP is just plain ol' wrong. Not that it really matters, honestly, I'm just curious.
8. The wife is out of town visiting her family this weekend. I have no idea how I'm going to keep myself entertained.
9. My boss is back from his three-week vacation. Thus ends the least stressful three weeks of the last year.
10. It is so cold in my office that often when I get in my car at the end of the day, I leave the windows rolled up and don't turn on the a/c for my whole drive home.