Thursday, July 26, 2012

TTT

1.  I had a *huge* NSV at the gym yesterday - I did 60 minutes on the elliptical.  60 minutes!  The first time I tried the elliptical, I could only do 2-1/2 minutes, so 60 is huge for me.  In a sick way, I'm looking forward to trying it again today.

2.  The person who keeps the gallon of whole milk (yuck) in the fridge at work needs to settle down and stop pushing my 32 oz. container of grape imitation Crystal Light to the back of the fridge.  There's room enough for both of us, gross dairy product drinker.

3.  I kind of want to join the gym at work so that I can go in the middle of the day when work is slow and I have some free time.  But I get so sweaty that if I did, I'd have to shower afterward.  I'm not sure how I feel about that level of time investment - I already shower twice a day (and my skin is feeling it - it's so dry!), do I really need to add a third?

4.  I finally came out to a co-worker about my band.  I haven't told anyone at work (or anyone else, except the wife), but I really like her and I always figured that if she ever asked me, I'd tell her.  She's a large lady, too, and I figured I'd be happy to share with her if it could maybe help her, too.  She asked me how I was losing so much weight, and I told her on the spot.  She said she's going to call the insurance company this week to try to get the ball rolling on getting her own band!  I hope everything works out for her.

5.  In last week's Ten Things, I complained that I didn't get to go to Vegas for the 4th.  Then on Monday, I found out that in August I have to travel to meet with some customers...  in Vegas.  Holla!  I'm going to extend the trip a few days and bring the wife.  Vegas!

6.  I am thinking about revising my goal weight from 173 to 160.  In fairness, they both seem so far away as to be unimaginable, so I may need to give this one some more time and thought.  My surgeon didn't discuss a goal weight with me - he just said, "under 200."  

7.  Do any of you use a reliable method for tracking calories burned from exercise?  I don't always believe the numbers on the gym equipment, and what's in MFP is just plain ol' wrong.  Not that it really matters, honestly, I'm just curious.

8.  The wife is out of town visiting her family this weekend.  I have no idea how I'm going to keep myself entertained.

9.  My boss is back from his three-week vacation.  Thus ends the least stressful three weeks of the last year.

10.  It is so cold in my office that often when I get in my car at the end of the day, I leave the windows rolled up and don't turn on the a/c for my whole drive home. 

16 comments:

  1. I never even picked a goal weight. My surgeon and I briefly discussed it the first time I saw him and I felt like the number he threw out there was NOT realistic (115)...and I told him that. We haven't talked about it since. I figured I will know where I want to be when I get there :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could have that "know it when I get there" attitude, but being a touch OCD, I know need to have a number to aim myself toward and then keep myself at. Yours is probably a better approach, because it doesn't imply that there's some kind of concrete finish line.

      Delete
  2. I have a polar heart rate monitor. I heard lots of good things about them when I was doing research.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which model? Is it comfortable? How long is the strap?

      Excuse me while I pepper you with questions. :)

      Delete
  3. Wow, good job on the elliptical. I still can't do 60 min!

    I use a Polar heart rate monitor to accurately calculate the calories I burn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved this post!!! Loved #1 too... I'm weak and can only do 6 minutes thus far on that beast of a machine!!! Some day I hope to be a super hero like you!!! My surgeon and I also didn't discuss a goal weight but my dietitian and I did and the chick who did my psycho-eval did too ... I would like to get healthy and OFF all my meds and then lose 100 for sure... but I put down to get to like 175 maybe. It'd be nice to be truthful on my driver's license for once :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, I could only do 2-1/2 minutes two months ago. It'll get easier, I promise!

      Delete
  5. Good work on 60 minutes on the elliptical!! Thats badass! Tell that Dairy consuming ninny to back the F up! haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? "Step off with your whole milk loving self!"

      Delete
  6. UGH, whole milk. I don't blame you. I'd be pushing her crappy milk back every time you go into the fridge and bring your stuff forward. I am so passive-aggressive. lol

    I have no idea about exercise calories, I just go with MFP... when I bother logging it. I hate when it gives me more calories, I want to eat them all when they show up. No bueno!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The nearly-empty gallon disappeared yesterday, only to be replaced by a new one this morning. Who drinks a gallon of whole milk by themselves every week? Yuck.

      Delete
    2. I just realized that your coworker is bringing a gallon of milk to WORK?!?!?! Who marches in to work carrying actual groceries?

      Delete
  7. Just wanted to respond to your comment, but I didn't have an e-mail address for you, so here we go on the comments. lol

    Honestly, I do agree with her on some level. I actually meant to say this in my post, but completely forgot. I don't like the people who do nothing to change their diet but still bitch anyway, either. It really bothers me when they say things like, "I exercise so I can eat whatever I want," because that's not how this is supposed to work!

    I have a few people in mind, but I don't want to point any fingers because I've been known to eat like crap for months at a time and bitch about gaining but not be ready to do anything about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Found you through your comment on Ronnie's blog. HI! *waves* First off... kick ass job on the elliptical. I remember my first time on it... I wanted to cry 3 minutes in. So yeah... 60 minutes is a huge success!!

    And I also have an icebox of an office... so much so that when I leave I also don't turn on the A/C for awhile until I warm up. (I live in AZ btw... so we are talking 100+ temps)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pleasure to meet you!

      I live in Texas, so I feel you! The temperature gauge in my car said 115 yesterday!

      Delete