2. I've been aiming to get to -60 pounds before my third fill on Monday. I'm currently sitting at -56.5. So close!
3. I'm still exhausted from my mother's visit last weekend. It's more of an emotional exhaustion than a physical exhaustion, but still... It was tiring. I learned some things about my mother and had some realizations about myself, and I've come to the conclusion that I need to work on being a kinder and more generous person, especially to my wife.
4. I miss Las Vegas. We haven't been since Easter, which isn't actually that long; however, we usually take a trip over the 4th of July that we didn't do this year. I miss everything about Vegas - the smells, the sounds, the sights, the gambling... I can't wait to go back in the fall.
5. I miss the beach. There's something about being at the beach, on vacation, with the sun, sand and surf. It can't be replicated by the pool.
6. The wife got a promotion at work, which means now she's working full-time and making significantly more money than she was previously. This is great news for our family finances.
7. I killed my (new) fitbit. I think I am just not meant to have one.
8. I've (kind of) gotten over my cravings for fast food (I mean, I still really, really want some Taco Bell, but whatever, that shit's delish). I've realized I miss the convenience of fast food more than I really miss the taste. And in realizing that, and in figuring out what I can make fast and cheap at home, I've been overcoming that urge for fast food. But now, other cravings are taking the place of fast food - like lemon squares. I really, really, *really* want a lemon square. I don't usually bake, but I think I'm going to try making these sometime soon.
9. (This one is gross, sorry.) I had a huge flare up of my hidradenitis suppurativa last week. My armpit was the size of a golfball. It hurt so very much, and restricted my movement to the point that I couldn't lift my left arm. Which was awesome when getting onto and off of a plane and socializing around 500+ co-workers. This has been the first flare up in quite some time. I was hoping that these would reduce or even resolve once I quit smoking and started losing weight, but I think that exercise (specifically, sweating during exercise) may have been a significant causal factor in this last one. So now I've switched from my beloved philosophy products to plain ol' Dial antibacterial, and I'm being particularly diligent about showering (which is not to say that I don't always pay attention to proper hygene, but I will admit to occasionally not showering right after getting out of the pool). It would make me very happy to not have another flare up as long as I live.
10. We have three cats, one of whom became an outdoor cat shortly after we moved. Because I'm paranoid, and because we live near a fairly busy street, we put up an invisible fence to keep him confined to our yard. What we didn't realize was that the invisible fence got unplugged sometime recently. Two nights ago, we couldn't find the cat. We stood out in the backyard and called and called and called for him. Finally, he reappeared, jumping over the fence from the neighbor's yard. Oh, boy. We got that invisible fence fixed so fast that poor kitty didn't even know what hit him. Now he just lounges about and huffs at me, all, "YOU! You took away my freedom!"