1. I'm so glad it's Thursday, though with the day off yesterday it feels like Monday today. That's the hard part about holidays on a Wednesday - the feeling of two Mondays in one week.
2. The wife and I started Couch to 5k last night. This is our second time doing it (the first being in 2010). The first day went okay, other than that huge hill at the end. But, to be honest, I'm struggling with the idea of running. I'm of two minds about it: 1) I would love to be able to run 5ks, to be able to run without feeling like I'm going to die, to do something that my father loved so much (he was a triathlete for much of my youth). On the other hand, 2) I feel like I get a better, yet gentler, workout from my time on the treadmill at 4.1 or 4.2. I sweat more when I walk. I don't have to worry (as much - other than the time that I nearly broke my knuckle on the treadmill) about my form. Walking is nicer to my body. I read things like this and I wish I felt as certain that the weight would both come and stay off without vigorous, sometimes painful exercise. But then I read this and I can't wait to know what running in an actual race feels like.
3. I tried to get out of bed at 4:40am today to go to the gym - I did it on Monday and Tuesday, and that was the time bootcamp was at, so it's not unheard of me for me to get up that early. But I didn't manage to get to sleep until around 11:30 last night (I was reading this, which I stayed up late to finish because, while it was a very compelling work, frankly it gave me the heebie jeebies and I was looking forward to being done with it). Long story short (too late!) I didn't get to the gym this morning. So I will be going this evening.
4. I have to have lunch with a new co-worker today. We don't really work that closely together (or, honestly, together at all). But I feel obligated to have this lunch with her, because she initiated it, I've missed it once, and I think she wants us to bond together as the only females (who aren't admins) in the office. In reality, I just want to eat the beefy pasta I have in the office 'fridge and sit at my desk reading gossip blogs.
5. My job is a fustercluck. Just completely, obscenely screwed up. I can't even.
6. The wife leaves for her 11-day family vacation tomorrow. I am sad. I will have to figure out how to feed the pets and water the lawn! Horrors.
7. I am so looking forward to my mother coming to visit and doing yardwork for me (I have a black thumb, she is a Master Gardner). In particular, I cannot wait until she gets rid of the giant rosemary bush in the backyard. I hate the smell of rosemary (I also hate the taste of rosemary) and it's starting to permeate the whole yard with its stink.
8. I have so much cleaning to do this weekend. But at least the living room painting project is done. I am never painting that room again.
9. I have to travel next week for business. I hate traveling for business, but I am especially dreading this trip, as I will be staying in a remote hotel with 250 sales people and no transportation of my own. And I fucking hate sales people. Especially the sales people who work for my company. They are vampires who just take and take and take and never say "thanks" or "good job." They don't even think of us "corporate employees" as real people, and they treat us accordingly. I hate them.
10. One day, I swear, I'm going to have a job I like.