Tuesday, May 29, 2012

I hate summer

I'm not particularly crazy about summer, for a whole host of reasons:

1.  Having lived in the south for the last 20something years, I find one thing to be universally true - office buildings crank up the AC to compensate for the temperature outside.  I am currently freezing.  My fingertips are numb and my nose is running.  When I go home for lunch, I'm going to have to bring back a blanket.  Which is insane, because it's freaking 95 degrees outside.

2.  I hate getting into a hot car.  Hate.  I hate those two minutes that it takes for the car to cool down.  Those are like the two worst minutes of my day.

3.  I was looking forward to this summer, at least a little, because we finally have a pool.  When we were looking to buy a house last summer, we prioritized a pool.  We looked at 18 houses, all of which had a pool.  We moved in August, so we got to use the pool for about a month and a half.  I've been really looking forward to using it this summer, but I've been waiting until the weather got a little warmer.  Now the weather is warmer (hotter, actually) and I can't use the pool for another two weeks!  *whine*

4.  I hate my power bill in the summer, even though we keep our AC set at 78.

5.  I hate that my collection of work-appropriate summer clothes is so limited.  I need new clothes (I also need new underwear), but I'm not going to start buying a new seasonal wardrobe that I'll (hopefully) only be able to wear for one season.  Although, what's funny is that I usually only wear my summer clothes for one season, because I usually gain weight from one summer to the next.

In other news, tomorrow will mark four weeks since I started my pre-op diet.  This morning, the scale showed a total weight loss of 30.5lbs.  I'm pretty excited about that.

I had my first stuck episode on Sunday night.  The wife and I went out to dinner with some co-workers, and I ordered a salad with the dressing on the side.  I haven't been having a problem with lettuce or celery incorporated into this BBQ chicken salad that I make, but having the dressing on the side meant that the lettuce was just too dry.  I was able to escape to the bathroom before it came back up, but come back up it did.  And yet the next morning, celery with Laughing Cow Light Cream Cheese went down just fine.  Lesson learned:  no more dry salads.

No comments:

Post a Comment