1. So, I have a confession to make - I went a little nuts with the food when our friends were here this weekend. Here's what happened:
On Friday, we went to The Woodshed Smokehouse and I had smoked almonds, the bun from a chopped beef sandwich (I know, you're saying, "The bun? Aren't you doing it backwards?" but the meat itself was so fatty that I found it really unappetizing, so I just ate the delicious homemade bun) and all of the homemade potato chips that came with the sandwich, plus two bites of something called buttermilk pie.
On Saturday, the wife and I woke up early and went to the gym (more on that in number four). Then we took our friends to Rise and Shine for breakfast, where I got the omelet with roast beef, cream cheese and asparagus, with a biscuit and hashbrowns. Well, I ate one bite of the biscuit, which was gummy and gross, a couple of bites of the hashbrowns and two bites of the omelet before... I found two hairs in my eggs. *gag* Done with breakfast! We headed out to the casino and stopped at Starbucks (where I had a tall, skinny iced caramel macchiato) and The Fried Pie Co. on the way and I had a few bites of some bacon cheese fries and the crust from a pecan fried pie (the filling was way too sweet for me). After the casino, we headed back to town and had dinner at The Italian Inn, where I had some salad and an order of chicken piccata - I ate three bites of the chicken and half of the pasta. Stuffed!
Sunday was the really bad day. We headed out to Lucile's where I debated between the lobster roll and the corned beef hash, but finally settled on the hash with two eggs, hashbrowns and a piece of toast. Carb heaven! I ate the whole damn thing. Then we were off to the State Fair of Texas. This is where things really went downhill for me. I had nachos, a bit of popcorn, tater twisters (which are, in essence, thick cut potato chips), three fried Oreos and 3/4 of a fried Snickers bar. So full I could have died. And yet, our friends wanted dinner at Uncle Julio's, where I had the meat and cheese from two beef soft tacos. And then I really, really, REALLY felt like crap.
Proof, my friends, that the band will not keep you from eating (an overabundance of) junk. Lord almighty, I ate so much.
2. But here's the thing I learned from the weekend: I feel like ass when I eat that much of those types of food. I really, really do. I felt bloated and oogy, and, on top of it, my skin, which had completely cleared up over the last few months, broke out. I weighed in at 217 on Monday afternoon, a gain of about 5 pounds over just the weekend. As much as I liked the food in the moment (especially the fried Oreos, OMG, delish), I should have exercised some restraint, especially given how crappy I felt on Sunday night and Monday. My body definitely gave me some feedback on what I did this weekend, and it wasn't happy with me. I won't say that I fell off the wagon, because I fully intended to do what I did and eat what I ate, but I won't be doing it again in those quantities. Ever. Ugh.
3. After weighing in at 217 on Monday afternoon, I was down to 211 this morning. Thank goodness. I jumped right back into my normal eating and exercising routine, which is another thing I love about my band - it makes it so much easier to course correct than it ever was when I was "dieting" in the past.
4. On Saturday morning, I ran a 10-minute mile. Holy shit, you guys. 10 minute mile! I never thought I'd be here or be able to do that.
5. I haven't signed with Dream Job yet. The relocation company is being... difficult to work with, which is not a surprise (I worked with them when I moved here last year, and they were a pain in the ass then, so I didn't expect it to be any different now). I'm so ready to sign that I could eat my own hair, though - I just want to get this nailed down so that I can start working towards my future.
6. I already have my resignation letter for current job written. Oh yes.
7. I have to go to Chicago for work next week, but not fun Chicago - airport Chicago. Joy.
8. I have to have two real estate agents and one appraiser come out to value my house in the next few days. Did I mention that I'm currently dogsitting for a co-worker's 70 pound, un-crate trained boxer? Double joy!
9. Everyone is out of the office traveling for a trade show this week (I didn't have to go, thank jeebus) and we're having a fire drill at 2pm. I may go home at 1:45 and stay until 3ish.
10. I started writing this list two hours ago, and in that time, I signed with Dream Job. It's official! (Oh god, oh god, now I have to move across the country again.)