1. Think of 11 facts you'd like to share about yourself.
2. Answer the questions Cheri asked.
3. Think of 11 questions you'd like to ask.
4. Nominate 5 bloggers with less than 200 followers.
The Facts: (I like Cheri's approach of doing something chronological, so I'm going to imitate her (imitation, after all, is the sincerest form of flattery).)
1. I am adopted. I don't know my birth parents and really have no interest in finding them - I've always considered my adoptive parents to be my "real" parents. They're awesome people and I don't have a need for a second set of parents in my life. That said, sometimes I wonder what it would be like to find someone else in the world who resembles me.
2. I am an only child. I didn't always love being an only child, but now that I'm an adult, I fully appreciate it.
3. My dad, while not an alcoholic, likes his wine (and brandy). He used to take me trick-or-treating around the neighborhood with a big plastic cup filled with wine. So very classy. I love that man.
4. My childhood dog was a Yorkshire Terrier. Even though he died almost 13 years ago, I still look for him in his little place in the window whenever I go to their old house.
5. I had the highest SAT score in my graduating class. No, my SAT score was not that high - my high school was just that full of underachievers.
6. I was a double major in undergrad, and in my current profession I don't use either of those degrees.
7. I went to all 50 states before I turned 30.
8. Though I've traveled all over the States and Canada, I haven't been out of the country much. I've been to the Bahamas, Germany, France, Turkey, Greece and Egypt. And though it doesn't count as being out of the country, I've been to Puerto Rico - twice.
9. I've seen U2 in concert in four states. One of them was Hawaii.
10. I've seen Tori Amos in concert at least 10 times. I've lost count.
11. I just gave my resignation and I'm so nervous that I could eat my own hair.
1. You are throwing a dinner party - what three famous people would you invite?
Bono, because I love him even though he's a total ponce. Viggo Mortensen, because he's gorgeous and would have a very interesting conversation with Bono, I suspect. And Rob Thomas, because he's totally my secret shameful rockstar crush.
2. Who was your first crush?
Boy George. I know.
3. What would your dream job be?
I hope that I'm starting my dream job next month! But if I could do anything in the world without worries about money, I'd love to be a travel writer.
4. Favorite television show?
The wife and I are obsessed with Homeland right now.
5. You are being served your last meal on earth...what do you want?
Spinach dip from Publix with a whole bag of Tostitos scoops and a dozen chocolate iced creme filled Krispy Kreme donuts. Oink.
6. Place you haven't been yet and want to see?
New Zealand. One day I want to take a Lord of the Rings tour there.
7. Something that annoys the snot out of you?
Extraneous noise. Oh my god, I hate it when people tap fingers or jog legs or do anything else that creates unnecessary noise. I'm very sensitive to noises. I'm also, ironically, married to the noisiest person on the planet.
8. Something that will always make you smile?
My wife's thigh dance. Don't ask.
9. Oprah, Dr Phil, Kelly Rippa, and Barbara Walters are on a boat. It's going to sink unless you throw two of them off into shark infested waters. Who are you dumping?
I'm dumping Dr. Phil because I hate his voice and Barbara Walters, because she only has a little time left anyway. Yeah, I'm insensitive like that.
10. You can wave a magic wand and solve ONLY ONE world problem (ie: water for everyone). Which would you solve?
Religion. I would solve religion.
11. What are three things you most like about who you are?
I'm generous. I'm devoted. And I will try harder than anyone else.
I'm not going to nominate anyone, because I don't want to pick people - I want everyone to do it, because I like learning things about all of you!